like water off the mountains
[html]

Ithiel is by me!

The dust-colored coyote was not entirely surprised by his half-brothers inquiry. It seemed a question of friendliness, and why should they not be friendly? They were brothers, after all, though different wombs had carried them into the world. Ithiel thought it was duty, however, that drove Ezekiel to ask this question. It was why Ithiel would have asked it, anyway. Small talk was of little delight to the ash-colored man, though he readily indulged his superiors. Kastra had been a chatterbox all the way from Scintilla, and Ithiel was glad for the silence ensuing upon his membership to Inferni.

Very well. My rank suits me, and my command is not too overbearing or too lax, he said, ad rem in his address to the flaxen Aquila. This was less a compliment than it sounded; Ithiel merely spoke the truth. Ezekiel did not excessively interfere with his members, it seemed, and there was something to be said for that in Ithiel's eyes. He saw Aemon less than he liked, as well, but he would not admit that to Ezekiel. How do you fare? he asked, more of politeness and knowing it was expected of him than real interest.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread