Lesson One; Hit Me
[html]

And done. Mission accomplished. B)

Let go of domestication. The words sounded odd, but at the same time, he could understand them. Self-consciously, he glanced down at his denim jeans then back at her. She looked feral and strong, wolfish, while he was a half-dog who could only let go of so much of his ancestry. But he nodded once more. He could only give up so much, but if he needed to trust instinct to fight, he wouldn’t carry any silly humanlike notions with him into battle. He still ran on four legs, sometimes, and played with Dixie like young wolves used to play before the fall of mankind. It would not be as large a shift as one might think.

“I’m willin’,” he said, his umpteenth affirmation so far. He grinned slightly sheepishly. “I’ll try my darnedest.” He shifted his posture then, less upright than before and yet slightly more balanced, carrying the hint of a feral hunch. It felt almost natural, and he had to remind himself it was not necessarily time to shift down into a lower form. Instinct would be easier to command in lupus or secui, but it was on two legs that he needed this training, this release of a domesticated life.

Image courtesy of just.jim @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Way1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Way1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Way1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2f1400; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Way1 {background-color:#927748; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7e663b; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2166/wayned.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:264px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:0px; } .K22911_Way1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread