The enemy is not me
[html]

OOC here. /+407

For two canines Ezequiel and Anita could create a surprising amount of hustle and bustle when setting up camp. Anita was sat cross-legged in a small patch where the undergrowth and grass had been scraped away, hands moving rapidly between the fire she was kindling in-front of her and the supplies and food arrayed around her. Ezequiel was flitting rapidly around the camp, the swift jackal hybrid almost a blur as he rushed about, hanging up furs to dry and for shelter and setting up simple snare traps around the site they had chosen to sleep at.

The snare traps weren't necessarily simple but making them was a process that Ezequiel had done so often over the last year that his fingers automatically went through the motions and before he knew it a series of traps were strung around the campsite. Most of the traps were simple noisemakers but a few were rigged to drop medium sized rocks where the terrain had allowed him to hide said rocks.

His tasks done Ezequiel returned to the main camp where Anita was cooking some sort of stew out of the rabbits he had caught earlier and a number of herbs she had been picking as they walked. Ezequiel's nose was sharp but his inexperience with the herbs left him unable to identify anything but a hint of garlic from the smell, but nonetheless it smelled delicious. For a moment Ezequiel was tempted to just stay and eat but while the stew would do the pair for tonight it was also the last of their food and travelling in unknown territory with only a single hunter and no spare food was a dangerous venture.

Grumbling at the fact that he had to leave the delicious smelling stew, Ezequiel hunted much better on an empty stomach, Ezequiel stuck his head into the camp, calling over to Anita, "Ey Annie, I'm headin out ta bag us some food. Make sure there's some'a that left fer me aye?" Anita simply gave a distracted hum and Ezequiel laughed as he strolled away; when Anita got absorbed in a task if was often hard to draw her out of it again.

The tasty smell had put Ezequiel in a good mood and he was confident that his snare traps would at least startle a potential intruder and make them flee so, feeling secure for once in his sister's safety, Ezequiel melted away silently into the night.

<style type="text/css">
.ezekour b {font-weight:bold; color:#415747; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px; }
.ezekour p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ezekour {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TZfk3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:370px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#b9b9b9; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread