exploring can wait...
[html]

Aaaand now he's not calm at all. xD He isn't going to chase the rabbits though, if she tells him quickly they're friends; he understands that concept. :3 /+3

The twig crunched between his jaws, the bark sliding along his tongue, his jaw muscles aching sweetly when he worked on gnawing the stick’s thicker end. Even if he had grown out of his particularly mouthy stage, the child supposed that any wolf or dog liked a good thing to chew on like a stick or a bone. Next to the calm water, it was blissful—but like all tranquility, it was eventually interrupted.

The voice of another canine calling out softly made his head lift, and the puppy immediately abandoned the stick to bark back. “Skoll Haskel’s there!” he yelled, and jumped up onto all fours with a quick shake of his pale golden pelt. Green eyes darted to the merle form of another luperci, and he scrambled over to her with all the exuberance of youth. She smelled like the pack lands, which he knew meant she was from d’Arte and that he had to be on his best behavior for her.

“Hi, I’m Skoll,” the prince chirped in case she hadn’t made that conclusion earlier. “Are you a dog? My daddy’s a dog, and I’m half a dog, and my good friend Caspa is part a dog. Your fur’s really pretty though, I never sawed fur like that.” He grinned broadly then froze all of a sudden, his ears swiveling and nostrils flaring as he became aware of another presence on the shore of the pool.

He whirled around then, hackles stiff with excitement, and stared at the pair of rabbits nibbling the frost-dusted grass. They were really close, and they reminded him of the time he’d chased a rabbit with Liam—unsuccessfully, but it’d been fun. His excited smile broke out again; he reared up on his hind legs in an excited sort of dance and proclaimed:

“Rabbit!”

<style>
.Skollsdb-h01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Skollsdb-h01 b {color:#eedd55;}
.Skollsdb-h01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #664400; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Skollsdb-h01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Skollsdb-h01 {background-color:#64762f;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HuejJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #64762f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ddddbb; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread