exploring can wait...
[html]

+5

The pretty merle woman introduced herself as “Bambi or Five,” and he giggled lightly at the thought of a number as a name. Maybe she was the fifth puppy in the litter? He did like the name Bambi, though, and he nodded in acknowledgment to show it. He paused then as she mentioned she was an Aussie, and his ears cocked forward with curiosity. He didn’t know there were names for different kinds of dogs, only that dogs could look wild and crazy and different while still being part of the same species.

“I dunno what I am,” Skoll admitted. His lineage was fairly clear, however: the size of one who benefited from the hybrid vigor of wolf-dog mating, with a tail that could either wag limply behind him or curl up like a malamute’s if it wanted to. The shepherd in him showed in some of the finer points as well as his base creamy-ish fur, though the more wolfish breed was dominant. After mulling this over, he concluded with a cheeky smile, “I’m not an Aussie though!”

The flop-eared female tilted her head to the side, asking suddenly where his mother was and if he was lost. The prince quickly huffed and lifted his head indignantly. He didn’t realize that his foreigner’s scent as well as his presence alone in the d’Arte pack lands could be a cause of concern, only that he had been brought over here due to the open borders.

“Mom is back in Cour des Miracles,” Skoll stated simply, his head bobbing once. “Not lost at all! I’m never lost.” Except for the few times he’d ventured into the forest, and even in the hills with the border only a few mounds away, but he was not going to admit that to a stranger! “My friend Terra brought me ’n’ see the boat,” he explained after another moment.

The conversation dissipated as soon as the exciting scents of the rabbits wafted up to his nose, and his whole body shook with his wagging tail as the white one hopped toward him and sniffed fearlessly. It was strange for a rabbit to be so close; most darted away at the sight or sound of him. His tongue lolled from his jaws, but he did not lunge for them as his instincts dictated; Bambi was giving their names then informing him quickly that they were friends.

“That’s funny,” the golden boy said, wrinkling his nose. “Alder’s gotta cat friend Hickory though; I guess it’s okay.” He shrugged, not really believing this to be an issue. He grew up in a somewhat humanized pack where pets and horses were kept, so it was only a slight stretch of the imagination when it came to rabbits. He’d still eat one if he saw it out in the wild, however.

“Oh! I’m a little hungry. Am I allowed to eat here?” His wide green eyes flickered to the merle canine uncertainly. He wasn’t sure what the rules about being in a different pack’s land were, but since she was a member, he guessed it would be okay so long as she gave him permission.

<style>
.Skollsdb-h01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Skollsdb-h01 b {color:#eedd55;}
.Skollsdb-h01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #664400; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Skollsdb-h01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Skollsdb-h01 {background-color:#64762f;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HuejJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #64762f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ddddbb; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread