exploring can wait...
[html]

Wc; 479

"Lots of people don't know exactly what they are." Bambi stated reassuringly, smiling back at the pup. She had not gotten the name of the female that she had a not so pleasant run in with. But she put two and two together in hearing that Skoll had come here with someone who was also most likely from his same pack- CdM. Her floppy ears erected as he continued on speaking, trying to think back to the last time she had heard someone say so much in such a short amount of time. "Ah, yes, the boat. Quite pretty, eh? I hear that we are one of the only packs here to have one," She said, her voice full of pride. She had not participated in the building on the boat due to her absence- But still felt proud that her fellow pack mates had worked together to build something that grand. "And lovely!"

Bambi listened politely as he rambled on, now speaking of his friend named Hickory- "Or, was it the cat who's name was Hickory?" Who had a cat. Either way, the name reminded her of a nice little rhyme some of the slaves used to quietly utter to keep their spirits up while they worked. She sang it to out loud, seeing if she could recall all the words:

"Hickory, dickory, dock,

The mouse ran up the clock;

The clock struck one,

And down he run,

Hickory, dickory, dock."

Normally she would have been content with singing it to herself, but when she had thought back to the warmness it had filled her with upon hearing someone teach her a nice little poem, she decided otherwise. "Pretty, isn't it? Slav..-" She caught herself almost speaking of her past. "Stupid, Bambi! He's just a pup." Continuing on, she edited her previous statement. "People, I mean, used to sing that at my home. Strange that someone would give some thing that name. " Slaves were people too anyways. All her life her masters had done different things to try and take her identity away- Make her seem more of an object- A sacrifice, more so- Then an actual person. But they couldn't be right.. Could they?

"That you are, Skoll." She said, her docked tail wiggling behind her. "What would you like? We've got rodents, berries, eggs.. And even some insects, if that's what you'd like." She said, giving the pup a playful wink. "By the way, I have my own kitty. She knows high speech.. But she's very sick right now." She tried to avoid allowing her voice to show emotion, but it was without success.

Bambi squatted down, scooping up a rabbit in each of her hands. She cradled them against her chest, walking over to where their cages were sitting and locking them both up.

Bambi

<style>
.Muse-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.Muse-a01-header {font-size:22px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#03151ac; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 5px;}
.Muse-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; color:#000000; font-family: Century Gothic}
.Muse-a01 b {color:#A67C15; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.Muse-a01 {background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://oi52.tinypic.com/2ytqhs1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.Muse-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.Muse-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread