exploring can wait...
[html]

You didn't mention Nana at all in the earlier posts, so that was kind o out of nowhere; I think Skoll woulda noticed her otherwise... xD; I went ahead and disregarded that part. +3

Bambi reassured him that not everyone knew their exact lineage, and with a tilt of his head, Skoll pondered that point. He supposed it would be hard to trace back exactly, especially with so many hybrids around. This he didn’t mind, however, as mixed blood resulted in strong offspring a lot of the time. His knowledge on this subject was limited, obviously, but with all of the awesome wolfdogs in the pack—not to mention a trickster coywolf, a mixed-breed-dog-king, and a ghost-lady—he could only conclude it was for the best.

He grinned as the Aussie mentioned Cercatori d’Arte being the only pack with a boat, and he couldn’t help but counter her pride with a boast of his own. “The boat’s very pretty and big and cool, but when I get big, I’m gonna build somethin’ better ’n a boat!” He had no idea what was better than a boat, but he would invent something amazing. “All by myself,” he added swiftly, tilting his chin up. It was amazing all of the artisans had worked together on the seafaring vessel, but he wanted to make something himself, so he could be truly useful to his comrades in the Court.

After his display of arrogance, the golden pup pricked his ears as the female began to sing a song. He was used to his mother murmuring French nursery rhymes and other songs to help him and his siblings fall asleep, but he hadn’t heard this one before. He giggled at the rhyme scheme, although he didn’t quite understand it. Clocks were silent creatures, marked with lines and with hands you could chew on sometimes; he’d never heard of them keeping time pre-apocalypse. It was still nice, though, and he had a mind to recite the rhyme to the orange and white kitten next time he saw him.

“I like it,” Skoll said of the poem. “It’s silly,” he added, but that obviously didn’t detract from his opinion.

His mind switched quickly back to food when she listed off all the yummy things to eat, although he’d never had some of that stuff before. He crinkled his nose at mention of insects, remembering crunching down on the hard shell of one he’d found scuttling inside the house. “I never eated an egg,” he said, “but I wanna hunt!” He spun around in a circle, wondering if he could have both—he was a growing boy, after all!

“I wanna eat a ra—” Skoll stopped and stared wide-eyed at the two bunnies Bambi was taking back to their pen. He trotted after her, clearing his throat and amending his statement for sensitivity’s sake. “I wanna eat a…a mouse!” That was better, so long as she didn’t have pet mice, too. He giggled. “We gonna go catch the mouse that ran up the clock!”

<style>
.Skollsdb-h01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Skollsdb-h01 b {color:#eedd55;}
.Skollsdb-h01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #664400; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Skollsdb-h01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Skollsdb-h01 {background-color:#64762f;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HuejJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #64762f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ddddbb; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread