[m] so come a little closer baby
[html]

Word Count :: 363

He chuckled softly as Dixie-May quickly figured out who’d captured her, and he simply rested his muzzle against hers when she murmured that she’d missed him too. It had been hard to be without her, especially as he’d used her presence as a crutch throughout so much of his life. He was glad to be with her now, however, and glad that he had returned stronger than ever before. Sometimes he hadn’t felt like he’d deserved her, such a perfect little woman whose every breath and movement he adored, but now he was beginning to feel worthy of her love.

The Samoyed mix drew back, and he frowned until she felt him wiggling on top of his abdomen, investigating the changes. He grinned slyly, showing a tooth, and smiled in agreement as her hands slid to his neck. “I know, sweetheart,” he agreed, caressing her cheek gently as he looked up at her. “Gypsy woulda liked to see you and Duke too.” He winked in the darkness until her small body settled closer to him, her cold nose pressing into his neck. She clung to him like a child, and he simply wrapped his arms tightly around her as if to promise he’d never let go. He would always return for her, even if circumstances separated them like this again.

“Y’know,” Wayne murmured, “you were the whole reason I did this.” He bent his head to plant a kiss on her nose then rubbed his hands up and down her back, fingers kneading her shoulders and sides and hips in a miniature massage. Every inch of her felt perfect, her fur so soft, her body so strong despite its looks. “I wanted to be good enough for you. I wanted to be able to defend you.” She had driven every action, every round of fighting he’d done with the golden warrior. One needed to fall back on a purpose like that in order to do their best, and while he wanted to be strong enough to fight enemies off Casa di Cavalieri lands, he needed to be able to keep Dixie-May safe. The thought drew a protective, tender growl out of his throat.

table by raze; code by kitty; image by gogoloopie

<style>
.Lovurrwane p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; color:#4f3732;}
.Lovurrwane b {color:#e48c43; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#4f3732 1px 1px 1px;}
.Lovurrwane {background-color:#6d3126; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/46ziE.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border-radius:20px; border:0px;}
.Lovurrwane .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px;}
.Lovurrwane .bottom {color:#17212d; text-align:right; font-family:Germania One; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#777c68 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; }
.Lovurrwane .top {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/W66Oz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 0px 0px; }
.Lovurrwane .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Macondo; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:35px;}
.Lovurrwane .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4f3732; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread