Straight and Narrow
[html]

I'm assuming this is taking place at night on today's date, so please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can edit!

Word Count → 403

As of far, Arthur was having a ball exploring Cercatori d’Arte, now that he was the newest member. There was a town near the center of the territory, Thornsbury he believed that it was called, which surprised the boy, not having made contact with any big human structures for a while besides the old log cabin his lived in with his parents. But, what amazed him more was the Treetop Terrace; he never did dream that houses in trees could exist, and in fact found it a little unnatural. He found it amazing, nonetheless, but he would not go up there willingly, feeling more comfortable on the ground and more so when on a boat. Then again, it would be an adventure in itself to live in such a high place, though he would have to greatly consider how he was going to tow all his things up there without wasting many hours.

He now made his way back to the coast, planning on returning to his boat to sleep in it for the night. But, he suddenly remembered the boat Skye mentioned, and wondered if it was okay for him to go visit it. Of course! Monahan thought, Miss Collins wouldn’t have let me even dock if she did not trust me. It’s not like I’m gonna hurt it in any way, just takin’ a look. With that reasoning, he stopped at his rowboat, St. Ester, and changed into a fresh long-sleeved shirt and black trousers that were hemmed at the knees, and combed his fiery mane with his fingers in case he ran into another pack mate. After sprucing himself up, he headed north along the shore, his burlap book sack slung over his back filled with his late dinner, which he planned to enjoy while admiring the ship.

It was not long until he saw the huge figure ahead, its shape familiar; as it turned out, he saw a similar model before, but it was somehow different in design, so it was still a sight to look at. It was not until he was close that he noticed he was not the only one taking a gander at the vessel. It was a four-legged lass, whom definitely looked unfamiliar, but he assumed that she was another one of d’Arte. “Aye!” he called out to the girl to announce his presence from afar, waving a spotted arm towards her in greetings.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread