Straight and Narrow
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 308

He watched her shift from afar as he approached her, taking his time so that he can give her some sort of space before quickening his pace after she was finished to close the distance between them. “Aye, a pretty clear night, miss,” he remarked, taking a moment to take a glance at the undiluted night and then back at her. “Anyway, name’s Arthur Monahan, but you can just call me Arthur. Nice to meet your acquaintance, Miss…?” he trailed off, asking for her name while he held out a hand towards the smaller female for an exchange of handshakes, his own way of greetings others. He made sure he remembered his manners this time, not wanting to run into another small faux pas like earlier when he met Skye.

“Eh, round house, ya say?” his accented voice repeated questioningly, and with confusion he looked back at what he was sure was a boat. The lad looked back to the dark-haired girl, and said, “Well now, I’m not gonna go around correctin’ people, but I think you got it all wrong.” He pointed at the structure with a pale finger, and spoke again, “Do you see it bob slightly? It’s on the water, not near it. But, I got to say; even on this clear night like this it’s too dark to tell any difference between a house and a ship.” To make sure he was correct himself, Monahan approached slowly towards the figure, and sure enough he saw rippling water around it that was slightly difficult to see.

“Anyway, what do you do around ‘ere? Are you a writer, a trader, or perhaps a herder?” he asked, still under the assumption that she was of d’Arte. As far as he knew, Arthur was one of the only singers of the pack, besides another woman whose name he did not quite catch, but he could have been wrong.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread