Straight and Narrow
[html]

nun

Word Count → 330

“Well met, Terra,” he commented after releasing her hand, and looked back up at the ship. Now that he was close enough to it, he was able to tell the difference between what he had saw before to this example that these wolves had recently created. It was finely crafted, obviously built with the know-how of ships and sea-faring. Arthur as well could not help but admire simply the design and appearance of the vessel, earning its stamp of approval from the young seadog if his opinion was worth anything. Having seen many ships, boats, and pieces of wood that somehow managed to float, he’d have to honestly say that the Cercatorians’ made a fine job, and made a note to himself to congratulate Skye on the job well-done.

The pale boy watched Terra as she became excited when she truly realized what it was, and the fiery-haired wolfdog could not help but smirk politely at her amazement. “Aye, truly is a sight to behold. I saw bigger ones before—but, to the wind with size! This ship may be not the biggest, but the wonder is there! Still amazin’ to see what one’s bare hands and wit can make.”

Monahan looked back to Terra, and beamed at what she said, much like she was with the boat. “Really, now? I don’t fancy tricks all that much, but storytellin’! Ah, nothin’ like it, no? I used to tell stories when I was a wee bit smaller, and I guess I still do. Just differently than how I used to.” He paused for a moment, to think back when he was younger when his excitement over tales and folklore were beginning to bud; back then, he’d believe anything that fell off of his mother’s tongue during bedtime, making the stories all the more adored. “These days, I just go on a’singin’ whenever there’s old words and rhymes to be told instead of just simply statin’ them. Helps us remember, ya know?”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread