Joining!
[html]

Meep, hope you don't mind I popped in. I was on and had some time to kill. xD I do have class for a few hours, so perhaps Omni can join in too if you'd still like, but I wanted to make sure this went quickly for ya!

Frost glittered on the ground, but as the days grew longer they grew warmer as well. Winter took its time receding from the Waste, but Vesper was glad that she wasn’t shaking in her scruffy scar-riddled pelt anymore. The frigid grass crunched under her paws nonetheless as she trotted along the territory boundaries on her patrol. It was a humbling duty to move around the territories like clockwork, but she still liked to fall back into the old routine even though she was the clan’s Optio now, made to keep track of greater things. It was best to give some of the younger members a break while the weather was nice, at any rate.

The pale tawny she-yote had paused to check out rabbit tracks when a howl rang out from the borders ahead, a wolfish cry but one that carried enough of a coyote note in it for her to have second thoughts. Anyone who had the decency to call at the borders wasn’t going to be trespassing, at least, and Vesper corrected her path to trot toward the sound. It had been a while since the last new member had come into the clan, and she dared to get her hopes up that this was another prospective joiner—one that she realized she had the power to accept, now that she was in the Legatus tier.

It did not take her long to reach the source of the sound, and her lithe four-legged frame stepped between two of the border-stakes adorned by skulls. Pale blue eyes flickered to the similarly-formed stranger, and she had to fight back a satisfied smirk. Athletic yet feminine, with a beautiful pelt that spoke of her coyote heritage, even if her scent was more wolfish. Perhaps that would change.

“What brings you to the Inferni borders?” Vesper asked, her tone almost languid.
Even as she asked the required question, she couldn’t help but notice the hues of the other’s eyes—made all the more vibrant by the dark markings underneath. One blue, one green. The memory of another set of heterochromatic eyes made the hybrid feel momentarily weak, but she kept her defenses up and forced the image of the girl aside. She couldn’t afford to think of a lone wolf when there was a potential comrade standing in front of her.

Her posture adjusted slightly, tail and ears rising up, though she didn’t stand as dominantly as some high-ranking creatures did. She believed in equality, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread