It's Come to This
[html]

WC:725-Baaawwwwhhhhhh sappy saluce shows up

Saluce could only watch his mate, his blues disregarding most everyone else for the time being. It wasn’t out of disrespect but rather something more personal. The mountain had known X’y as a capable leader, true he knew her better than most everyone here, and he also knew that underneath that gentle exterior lied a dominant woman who wouldn’t take a lot of shit either. While they had had their spats between the two of them, especially when it came to both of their jealous natures pertaining to what they perceived was a threat to their bond, it never boiled down to who wore the pants in the family in other words. While he rightly assumed everyone here would have thought he was involved in whatever Jace had been recently involved in, he would have to dispel it hopefully soon. The Konrei had his own sins to attest to and the damage that had done to him to realize he was still more than capable of taking a life.

He gave his mate a soft smile as she approached, one just for her and no one else. The man nodded as she moved on to Jace and then turned to confront the whole crowd of Ichika. His own bout of insanity had taken place about a week ago, and since then he had gone on a somewhat self-imposed exile. Removing himself from most if not all Ichikan’s and wrestling with the moral dilemmas his actions brought about. The man was caught in thought as Jace began to speak, everyone seemed to hover around her and yet when she spoke he could only shake his head. Saluce let her continue her tail all the while his eyes looked around her catching Kiara’s arrival. If there was anything that could light his face was her presence along with his mates, and her patient and strong willed determination wasn’t lost on him. A warm smile and a nod would come to Kiara if she chose to look his way; otherwise he stayed quiet until the woman was done.

“Well for once I didn’t sustain this Injury in a brawl, was more of my own doing I guess. Misjudging the distance between two rocky outcrops and I fell.” While the man was honest mostly to a fault, he left out his own feelings pertaining to Jace’s story or any sarcasm he really had in him. “But Jace isn’t the only one who has committed a treacherous act, and I do understand her decision, but I have been wrestling with my own sins. Specifically a soul I laid to rest a week ago.” He purposefully kept his voice calm, and void of emotion for the time being. There was no need to break down and ask for a pity party or to gloat in his actions.

“Since then if most of you have noticed, I have removed myself from interacting with you, while I wrestle with the weight and moral dilemma it has caused me. I acted instinctively, and for those of you who know me, I cherish you all and all the friends I’ve made along my journey, to the point of feeling an obligation to protect those whom I hold dear to me. But even though this person was attacking a friend of mine and belonged to a pack we have reasonably good relations with, I acted without regard or without truly thinking it through. The man could have been a member of another pack but I didn’t stop to check, I could have brought endless amounts of pain on the family I hold dear to me.” He stopped a moment pausing as he stretched his neck almost nervously, there was shame creeping up on his face, something he didn’t often experience.

“It’s taken me a week to wrestle with my actions and I ask all of you for your forgiveness. As I’ve asked the great maker many times in the past week, I am sorry; my actions could have brought on a lot of complications to us.” He stood as if feeling alone for what seemed like ages, in the spotlight, there had been too much going on lately for him to deal with. Saul’s departure still stung him, still ate at the proud father he was, and this only added to his torn soul.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread