It's Come to This
-Exit Jace-

The narrowing of her eyes was all that gave away her displeasure. Was this the thanks she received for staining her soul in the name of this pack. To keep it safe from harm. Yes it was. Shock rolled from Saluce as their punishments were dealt out from the playing cards but none from herself for this was the reaction she had expected. Demoted to the lowest rank of them all from one of the highest. The respect her rank garnered meant little to her, she required nobody to fawn at her feet but it was the trust that came from it, the trust of the lower ranks to seek out help from someone higher, to know their problems could be shared and maybe divided and bared equally. Her right to protect her family and defend her home. The loss of that was what caused the edges of her lips to curl inwards in a frightening grimace that was all burning anger and nothing to do with humor.

Ivory fangs revealed in a cruel smile, nothing of the friendship they had shared or the tales they had told present. Jace cut herself off from X'yrin emotionally and any kind of empathy for the weight she bore or pride of her ascension drained from her like the blood had done from those two rapists she had sliced open. She stood, barely even aware that Temo had come to her side, and her injured leg held tight against her body. Her head was pulled high and her voice was as cold as X'yrin's had been, callous and sharp,

"I spent the entire night patrolling the borders to make sure no more rapists made their way into this pack. Excuse me if I'm less that presentable to your standards." Her words ended on a snarl. With that she turned away from X'yrin and the rest of the pack, vaguely hearing Saluce's angry words as well. The female kept going with her limping gait until she could neither hear or smell the pack anymore.

Messages In This Thread