It's Come to This
[html]
This is shit but whatever, it took me way to long to write. - Exit Neela

Neela was in a daze at the events that had unfolded. The revelation of Jace's condition, their reprimanding, it had seemed to go so fast that the collie couldn’t react.

Part of her wanted to be angry, both on Jace's behalf and at the injustice that two members of the pack were to be punished for defending it! But the broken look in X;yrin's eyes as she watched the retreating canines stopped this anger cold. It was with sympathy that she spoke, her words echoing a conversation with Vesper nearly a month ago, "That was badly done, in my opinion. Ichika no Ho-en is founded around peace yes, but many of those around us are not. If we reprimand those who act to defend us so harshly we do them an injustice." Neela sighed, dipping her head towards X'yrin, "I would love to live the rest of my life without fighting, so would any Ichikan, but the fact is nothing in this world comes free, not even peace. If some give up their peace to ensure that she rest of us have it they should not be reprimanded. Yes it is regrettable that Jace and Saluce's fights ended in death but in the heat of battle, ensuring the health of your opponent is difficult." Neela gazed around, trying to gauge the reaction to her words, before giving the canine equivalent of a shrug, "Nonetheless you are our leader, your decision stands no matter my views on it."

Sighing, Neela seemed to be doing a lot of that tonight, much more than she would like, Neela stepped back from the dwindling gathering. "I must go. Grynn has hatched chicks recently and I promised her I would bring some food for them." With nothing else left to say Neela disappeared into the treeline.

<style type="text/css">
.risinghope b {font-weight:bold; color:#a38750; letter-spacing:.5px}
.risinghope p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.risinghope {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#471e00; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/1vif8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #885004; padding: 330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a27e36; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
301+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread