It's Come to This
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Due to the retreat of most of the attending members, this meeting will be adjourned early. This thread will be closed, March 10th.

What would her father have done if faced with this situation? Would he have stood here and dealt with the conflicting ideals so calmly? Or would something more have come of his reaction? It was difficult to say she when had not witnessed his reaction to insubordination or a complete reject to his ideals. She had never seen him opposed and she took great solace in that, yet at the same time she hoped that with her time with him she had witnessed it, to give her an idea of how to conduct herself now.

The Nomad… no, the Tenryu was more than slightly conflicted with the views of this pack she was supposed to lead. Did none of them see what she was doing? Was their perception that this was truly an overreaction to the crime committed? It was discouraging to believe this… that they felt no punishment would come from death. And all this time she had assumed these were the agreed ideals of her pack brethren. Obviously, she was terribly mistaken.

“If that is how you feel…” her eyes again met the retreating back of yet another of her packmates. “If the whole of you believe that there should not be a consequence for taking another’s life, then who am I to enforce it.” The woman lifted her stoic maw with a hardening grimace tarnishing she usually calm demeanor. “If this punishment is too severe in your eyes…too unjust, then it is my right as your leader to adhere you qualms and change accordingly.” Her voice had grown softer, void of what life, what resolve had compelled her to invoke this meeting and bring them all to the same level of understanding. Clearly the chasm between herself and them was just too wide. To whomever remained, she announced her newly construed verdict to appease the troubled masses.

“If we wish to abolish the consequences of death for the sake of preserving Ichika’s tranquility, then the Yakuso Jace and the Konrei Saluce will not suffer demotion to our lowest rank. That place alone will be reserved for those that commit crimes against their own brethren or whomever we consider an ally. You may share this change with them as well as this decree at whatever time you all see fit. But I am taking a leave from our lands to travel south. This has shown me that this role of leader is not yet recognized by the whole-“ and though she said this, her gaze cast gratefully to Fatin and her partner. “-save for a handful. I am in need of council and will seek it for the betterment of this pack. But I will say this,” her length, she paused and returned her gaze to the pack as a whole marking each face with a stern…yet hurt expression. “When you do find me to be a fit leader for you, I will not be addressed as your Tenryu. I see now that that is not name meant for me. But I can take the name of Shepard. And will be known as such. Until I return…” the she-wolf lowered her head albeit stiffly. “Please take care of yourselves. I trust you will keep your home secure in my stead…”

And with those parting words, she turned her back to those the aimed to lead and went onward to seek the council of whom she desperately needed.

[Exit X'yrin]

569 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread