till we couldn't feel our teeth
[html]

lalalalalalala

The darker of the two males, Niernan, approached his horses with confidence and Saul couldn't help be feel just a little exulted. It wasn't often that he found another relative, let alone another relative that had similar interests to him. It was clear that Lilin was not family orientated as he was and she hadn't been particularly interested in the ice fishing they'd participated in. But Saul could see a kindred spirit in Niernan and his brother Bran, even if the tan coloured of the two didn't seem particularly interested in the conversation. It didn't surprise the young Stormbringer- Bran didn't exactly come across as very grounded, more of a free spirit than the more conversational Niernan. It didn't surprise him that he'd been interested in his horses- he'd treated the cat upon his shoulder with at least affection and it was clear he was someone attracted by nature. He confirmed it as he'd walked forward and greeted Hermes, declaring himself as an animal person. "I find myself in a similar situation with other animals." He chuckled. The man's lilting tones came again in response to the information on his sleeping son and Saul nodded softly. "He'll be up before long, bouncing around and chewing on various appendages- best make use of the peace." He chuckled softly as Niernan poked another jibe at his brother, to which Saul replied; "I'll have to see it to believe it... although he's being quite quiet now." Saul mused as Niernan moved on to Artan.

The whispered words between man and horse were almost missed to the male as he'd turned back to study the mans brother, another cousin. He didn't know how they related to each other, but it was much easier to brand them as simple 'cousin' than trying to pinpoint their exact relation to him. His brows furrowed in concentration and he found himself frustrated once again that he had no visual representation of their family. He couldn't even put the boys on a side of the family- Lilin had revealed that her grandfather Crow had had a sister Raven and therefore there could be another half of the family. Saul wasn't sure which side he belonged to, although he was a Stormbringer and therefore figured he came from the male side of his ancestors. He was bought from his stupor by Niernan's soft lilt, congratulating him on his horses. "Thank you Niernan- I've been training both of them for a while, but I plan for Artan to be Teme's when he's old enough." Saul said with a smile. The chocolate and flaxen-maned animal was docile and easy going, a perfect first horse for the boy. Rolling his shoulders once more, he moved towards the brothers as Niernan began to speak.

Almost none of it made sense to him- he had no idea who Wraith was and their in-jokes just confused him. This would appear to be a rather complicated and tangled. As Bran interjected, Saul smiled softly before moving forwards. "Perhaps it might be better if we built a fire and I told you my story first? I know literally nothing about my family history." He said, sadness seeping into his tones. It saddened him to know that he knew very little about the Stormbringer pack, not even where it was. With a rummage around in his bag, he found the flint stones he'd had for a long time and began to build up a small tipi of wood. It took him a good few tries to get the fire started, but when it was roaring, he settled down on the ground around it and thought back to the little he knew of where he'd come from.

"I was born to Abigail Dawnrunner and she tried to flee her pack with us four, Gideon, Ascher, Shiloh and I. She got over the Halycon Mountains before her mother Zia caught up with her and tried to kill us. She managed to get hold of Gideon before our mother defended us. She died at her mothers jaws and decided that we would die out here. Gideon made it down to Dahlia de Mai where he was found by our Aunt Bris, who took care of him. Our father Dreyrugr found myself, Ascher and Shiloh and took us all down to Dahlia de Mai to live with Gideon and Bris. We didn't stay long, but the basic jist of the thing is- we all left for the Stormbringer pack when I was about four months old. I got lost in a storm and found my way back to Dahlia where I've stayed ever since. Ascher and Shiloh have been to the Stormbringer pack once or twice before, but I've never been."

He spoke easily, although there was so much in between his return to Dahlia and his current state that he didn't think it important to divulge. It would be a lot easier for him to keep to the strict details pertaining their family instead of going off on a massive tangent about his own life. He wondered how much the brothers knew and what they could tell him about how they were related and anything he could find out about them was more than useful.

word count → 873 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread