till we couldn't feel our teeth
[html]
I no whip ya like a batch, I loves ya, I just veeeeeeeewy creative and happy about my new found obsession Big Grin /

Niernan scratched the back of his head uncomfortably, he never thought he'd have to explain the Stormbringer and Dawnrunner feud to a son of such a controversial partnering. He glanced at Bran and gave his brother a withering glare as his brother feined innocence and stupidity by looking up at the sky and tucking into his thick slice of bacon. Nier wouldn't have minded tucking into his either, before the meat went cold. The boar had been a big one and Nier had been lucky to fell it as easily as he had.

Nier 'hemmed' in his throat, pretending that he had a lump of rind or meat caught, putting off the awkward moment. With anyone else he would have had a joke about it, but he had a feeling that Saul wouldn't appreciate a joke right now, especially in his apparant emotional state. Uh, well... He scratched at the slightly thicker fur around his neck before continuing You see, there is a long standing feud between the Dawnrunner and Stormbringer, kinda like a clan war. I don't know all the details, but it's a commonly held tradition among the Stormbringers to hate the Dawnrunners. He watched Sauls face closely, trying to gauge his reaction to this news.

Niernan looked back over to his brother who was now eyeing Niers bacon enviously. Nier jerked it away from his brother and growled in his throat, this snapped Bran from his food induced stupor, he sighed and rummaged through his own haversack, retrieving his own Boar jerky. Bran tucked into the dried and salted meat, still avoiding the somewhat awkward conversation. Nier took another chunk of salty bacon between his teeth and tore at it, chewing slowly.

He huffed through his nose, allowing a long breath to escape his body, Me and Bran have seen this contempt firsthand; our father Brandr is the product of a Stormbringer/Dawnrunner mating, Bris is too, apparantly she had some troubles with the whole situation when they were pups. Father doesn't have the stigma attached to him so much, being the darker coat colour of the Stormbringer, but there's still the constant niggle in the back of every other Stormbringers mind.

Nier shrugged, I've got that wee bit of Dawnrunner in me from Father, as does Bran, but we don't let it get to us, I prefer to avoid the whole Dawnrunner problem. He ended that strain of conversation by finishing off his first piece of bacon and starting on the next.

He swallowed the large chunk of meat in his mouth before shrugging his shoulders and passing a strip of the salty, cooked flesh to the cat sat beside him. Ciaran took it gently between his needle like teeth and set to thoroughly chewing the tough meat. As to living with the pack, they're all still there and I assume they will be in the valley for a long while yet. Wraith seems to have no inclination to move, and I'm sure you'll fit right in with em all, with em being family and all that. Nier gave Saul a reassuring smile, You found us easy enough, and you seem to be getting on alright with us pair of degenerates. He grinned at his brother, willing the awkwardness to disappear from this cosy fireside meeting between family.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread