till we couldn't feel our teeth
[html]

hating on this long posting business... be more crap at writing, creative bish!

Saul had never really felt out of the loop of everything so much as in that moment, when Niernan scratched the back of his head and shot this brother a glare that told him to keep his mouth shut. Patience tested, Saul waited until Niernan cleared his throat as if to postpone the inevitable before he started to speak. Confusion scrunched his face up as he tried to fit the information his newly discovered cousin with what he knew about his family, which was limited. He had to admit though, it made sense- why his mother had tried to flee to the Stormbringer pack and why, when she'd been unable, she'd fled towards Nova Scotia. She'd gotten as far as the Halycon mountains before Zia had caught the fleeing family and wrought unspeakable damage to them. Saul had always been confused as to why his own grandmother would want to kill them, but it made sense now. To the Dawnrunners, Stormbringer offspring would be filth and scum and visa versa. Briefly, the male thought of his brothers and sister in the Stormbringer pack- whether they would be discriminated against because of their dubious lineage.

"I never knew..."

Saul spoke quietly, his mind racing to put all of these pieces together. There was so much of his history that he didn't understand, that he'd never been told. And this was important- what if he'd met a Dawnrunner and they'd tried to kill him? He should have been told to stay away from them, to make sure his family was safe from them and he hadn't. His mind was distracted for the moment as Niernan continued to explain about the stigma attached to being a child of such shameful pairings. He mentioned that his own father Brandr and their Aunt Bris was from this same mixing and the prejudice waved against them, although not Brandr so much because he had a darker coat. It seemed the Dawnrunners were renouned for being light of coat. Shiloh was almost a pure white, with only the darker cream acting as a cloak around her shoulders. He wondered how bad she would be treated because of that. Of course, her saving grace might be that she had the Stormbringer eyes and for that he was glad. Niernan stated that it hadn't bothered himself and his brother so much and that he'd tried to stay out of it all.

"That seems to be the more sensible thing to do."

He agreed with a soft nod of his head. Running his palm over the back of his other hand, Saul listened to Niernan speak about going back to the Valley. It would be easier for him to do, but then there was a small part of him that didn't want to be helpless. He'd grown very independent since Conor and Bris's departure and he had no desire to give up that freedom. He was a grown wolf now and he refused to let anyone tuck him away in a corner. "I have a lot going for me in Nova Scotia, and family that I can't leave behind. Perhaps one day I'll go and visit, but I don't think I'll go there to live at all." He said, his voice confident that he would be staying in Nova Scotia for a good long while. They paused in their talking for the moment, a lull that wasn't filled before Saul looked up again.

"So what are you two doing so far from home?" He asked, wondering why they'd decided to come down into Nova Scotia at all. Although it seemed the two were terrible trouble makers, Saul didn't think that any form of exhile was the Stormbringers style. It must be something else leading them here.

word count → 626 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread