till we couldn't feel our teeth
[html]

<33

Like pieces of a puzzle, Saul felt that he fitted with Niernan's personality completely and he knew he have happily stayed with the two brothers wherever they might go. It was rare that one found another kindred spirit, and when revealed that they were actually related it felt as though Fate had waved her forgiving hand and sent someone Saul's way to help him. He'd begun to feel so lost in Ichika, if not especially alone. There was always someone there for him, but there wasn't particularly anyone there for guidance. He hadn't felt comfortable turning to X'yrin and Saluce always envoked a sense of disappointment in the man- he could never quite make the man happy. The young Stormbringer was pulled back into the conversation by his near stranger cousin and he turned back with a soft smile. It was Bran who'd answered him at first and the young male picked up on the difference in accent that the men carried. Bran was much more pronounced than his brother and Saul wondered why that might be.

"Wanderlust is always a good reason to leave home, but its nice to know you have a secure home to go back to." He mused allowed, thinking about Ichika. Could he really go back there? There was certainly no bad blood between them- he'd left on more than amiable terms and he had family there as well. He hadn't irreparably damaged any relationships and so forth, so there was no reason for him to not be able to return there. But could he really go back, knowing he'd left in the first place, knowing that he'd felt the need to leave at all. Perhaps he'd needed to leave because Ichika wasn't the right place for him. He might never know the answers to these internal questions, so he allowed Niernan's rich voice to wash over him with a lovely description of their sister. She sounded a bit like Shiloh and Saul wondered if the two had met in their joint membership of the Stormbringer pack.

"She sounds a little bit like Shiloh... although Shiloh knows how to have a good time every now and then." Saul chuckled softly, thinking of the party they'd had for their coming of age ceremony back in Dahlia. Niernan went on to explain their feelings on their home back and Saul nodded softly. That was understandable, especially since he'd just left his own pack to do something very similar. He told himself that it was the change that was hard to deal with, but there was a growing part of the man that was getting excited about the adventures he would get up to, coming to live in the wilderness. He looked up as Niernan asked about his story and a sad smile echoed in the mans lips.

"I'm kind of in a similar boat. I lived, and help to create, the pack past the mountains- Ichika no Ho-en. My brothers ex-mate and an older male created it with our help and it was great. Their both gone now and another female has taken over- its a bit too much for me to handle, to adjust to. I needed to come soul searching, to find out who I am and get into adventures, so here I am." He offered in return, brushing his hand across his wayward hair for a moment as he thought of the packs. "I don't know all of the packs, but I met a female at the Winter Festival who seemed kind of fun and playful. She came from Cour des Miracles, quite close to here actually. And then there's Casa di Cavalieri, although they're all about protecting the weak, so perhaps a pair of jokers wouldn't go down too well. You're gonna have to have a look around, talk to some people and see what suits."

He spoke more comfortably now and was beginning to relax in the two males company. They were both easy and amiable to get along with and Saul was pleased to call them family, even if they were relative strangers. Glancing back to make sure Temeraire was still napping, he reassured himself of his sons safety before turning back. "So are you two both on your own? Do you have any mates, children?" He asked, although he had a fair idea of the answer. Still, he had a son now and it made him aware of the rat race of finding a mate and breeding to continue the Stormbringer line. Perhaps the two males had children or a mate back home whom they'd left- it wouldn't exactly be a first for Stormbringer males.

word count → 775 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread