take everything i have
[html]

[455]
21st February 2012 . 12.00pm . Casa di Cavalieri East Borders . Optime Form

The night had been long and laborious for both Saul and the four horses he'd bought with him from Ichika. Every step had hurt, walking away from everything he'd ever known. But X'yrin was right when she said he was a man still in the making. He didn't know half of the world that the lived in and he knew he needed this, this break away from the comforting lands that he knew, to thrust him into the limelight of his own maturity. He'd always been an old soul, there was no doubt about that. But he also recognised how little he'd lived in life, how little he'd actually experienced. He'd only ever been drunk three times in his life and he'd made the mistake of being seduced by the elusive Imari Hart and had a small bundle of joy rushing about his heels to prove it. The young boy kept up a constant stream of noise as he chased his fathers paws, hanging off his tail and becoming constantly distracted with the various spring time fauna roaming around. Saul did his best to educate his son on the world around him and he would stop occasionally to make sure Temeraire understood what he was saying.

Coming down to Halycon Mountains, Saul had had somewhat of an epiphany. When leaving Ichika, he hadn't been entirely sure of where to go, who to take refuge with. While he was on a journey of self discovery, he needed some form of security that he hadn't yet been sure of. Halfway down the mountain, inspiration had struck when an icy cold blast of wind had reminded him of the chill he'd felt out on the lake with Lilin. And then he'd realised he wasn't on his own at all. Lilin might not be particularly family friendly, but there was still something in having family that he might be able to go to. Of course, he wasn't sure on where she actually lived and he'd continued on his course towards Casa di Cavalieri.

He'd decided that he would ask Wayne and Dixie if they could take in Maia, and take back Gypsy, until their respective foals were born. It would be safer than having pregnant mares with him, especially since he was unsure of his destination overall. He figured they would be fine with having Gypsy back and he hoped beyond anything that they wouldn't begrudge another mare for another few months while the foal finished cooking in Maia's warm belly. He'd come close to Casa just the noon crested and he'd paused at the borders. He threw his head back, a deep howl resonating forward to call the two ranchers to him. Hopefully this meeting would go well.

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXT {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXT .quote {
height:200px;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXT .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:50px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXT .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXT b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread