Joining
The warm air licked at Apex's lowered head as he realized the gravity of his situation. The midnight black coat of the wolf, Insomnia, seemed enlarged by the shadows it blended into on the forest floor. Apex became overcome with nervousness. Insomnia appeared nice enough on the outside, but Apex had a feeling that there was power beneath her small stature. He didn't trust his own judgement since it was clouded by nerves and worry. He reached deep within himself to find the correct thing to do. He found it beneath his anxiety telling him to submit. And so he did. Apex lowered his body and kept his eyes away from Insomnia's calm, calculating gaze. Apex noticed Insomnia's head nod and felt swept over with relief. But this did little to calm Apex.

Apex brought his tail between his legs, and positioned his ears to half-mast. "Your hospitality is endearing. My name is Apex. I am a novice hunter and tracker. But what I lack in training I make up for in ambition and willingness to learn. And I'm a fast learner..."

Messages In This Thread