the road not taken
[html]

The girl stopped, one hand on her foreleg, and after spitting out the result of her washing reprimanded her softly for risking her life. Those words were ones she had heard countless times—most often from herself. Pride had been the reason she’d changed into a luperci, causing her to stand up to the woman who’d changed her even if she was outmatched. She’d risked her life often as a teenager too, her brain perhaps not developed enough to even know the things she was doing were stupid.

But she shook her head once, firmly. “They would not have killed me,” Vesper replied, and she believed in that wholeheartedly. Had she committed a crime other than leaving, she might have been, but many members of Inferni had slunk off only to return months or years later, including the Aquila. Her wounds were only the mark of grief for her departure, of frustration at how foolish she was. “They only attacked because they were hurt, and they cared.” That statement was almost ridiculous, but she cast her blue eyes to the side and didn’t clarify on what she said.

Soon, Blind began to laugh—and not a giggle or chuckle, not a short melodious laugh, but a loud and long bout of laughter that she had to contain, encircling her arms around herself. She managed to contain herself long enough to wrap her arms tightly around the coywolf, whose brow pinched at the feel of the girl’s muzzle against her neck. She reciprocated the embrace as best she could in her lupus form, whimpering quietly and happily as she bestowed a few licks on the wolf’s shoulder.

The wry grin that quirked her lips when she was called crazy faded when Blind’s did, and she frowned at the question. It would be silly to give a logical answer, but she didn’t want to say something cliché, either. Honesty was the best course of action, and humbly she glanced down at her pale paws.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you,” Vesper said. “And I remembered how hurt you looked and how hurt I felt when we last parted ways. I just—didn’t think I could live with myself if I left it at that, you know?” She shrugged and bit her lip, her blue eyes at last lifting to the she-wolf’s bi-colored ones, reading her expression intently. “This is—this is me taking a risk leaving the clan…but I hope that it’ll be worth it.” She smirked. “If you’ll have me.”

<style type="text/css">
.puprleves b {font-weight:bold; color:#b16e6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#36383d 0px 0px 1px;}
.puprleves p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.puprleves {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#5e616a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mjB63.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #36383d; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 530px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9ea3b2; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.puprleves .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread