you can't fence that in.
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-01 { width: 300px; padding: 10px 20px; background: #5E4C4C; border: 5px solid #DD9E95; margin: auto; } #grace-01 p { font: 10px tahoma; color: #D1B99F; text-align: justify; text-indent: 13px; line-height: 13px; margin: 7px auto; } #grace-01 .stars { color: #8B6F59; font-size: 15px; text-align: center; margin: 15px auto; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-01 .wc { font-style: italic; text-indent: 0px; text-align: center; } #grace-01 .ooc { color: #E7D4C3; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-01 .speak, #grace-01 a { color: #E7D4C3; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

Word Count: 324

You made a pronoun error in your second paragraph, I think.

★ ★ ★

Grace was startled out of her daze by Taj cawing urgently and ruffling his feathers on her head, followed closely by the sound of a body crashing to the ground. It took her a moment to focus her thoughts and attention on either of these occurences; when she was thinking, she could be hard to bring back to earth. She initially thought that Taj was more important to pay attention to than anything else, but upon connecting the two startling occurrences and realizing that he meant to bring her attention to the great chaos and noise that wasn't himself, she looked toward the source of the crash. Before her was a terrified-looking male, nearly cowering away from her. The reason for this, she couldn't begin to imagine. Grace was barely 5-foot-8 and weighed about 155 pounds, soaking wet. She was slight, a petite girl with a gentle, relaxed demeanor, and a pretty face. Polished turquoise shone from her throat and wrist, with eyes to match, and her clothing was fairly nice, faded jeans and a mint-green blouse. What was so terrifying in any of that?

After a long moment, she decided that he must just be startled, and reached a hand toward him. "Hey there. What's wrong, sugar? Did I startle you?" Her voice was kind, quiet and gentle, like she used on injured creatures - the same voice that she had used with Taj. He seemed to recognize it, because he calmed down. He cawed, then managed a single word: "Hurt?" Grace looked up, temporarily distracted by the surprise. Taj had communicated with her fairly clearly for some time now, but never had he spoken to her with true words, not ones that she could understand. Remembering the scared boy, she regained her composure and answered the expectant crow. "I don't know if he's hurt, Taj. He's scared, I think." She looked at the shell-shocked boy again, tilting her head. "Are you lost, honey?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread