Round up the Soldiers
[html]

Late late late late late >.>

Word Count :: +425

A howl cut through the air, disturbing Regner from what had started as a herb gathering trip but had regressed into an impromptu nap as a morning of excessive digging drained Regner's ever decreasing store of energy. By the time the noise reached Regner it was faint but it still cut through his sleep, a lifetime of pack life ingraining the call of an alpha into his mind as something to respond to with all haste.

Unfortunately for Regner all haste was still pretty slow nowadays and he was one of the last to arrive to the meeting. Where Regner's body suffered his mind and nose were still sharp and he picked up the presence of a stranger as he entered the hall but thought little of it; any wolf in the company of this many of his packmates was either a restrained prisoner or a guest, a quick visual scan revealing the golden furred woman standing by Jazper to be the latter.

Regner settled down near the back of the hall and listened intently to the news that was being delivered, offering a slow, respectful movement that was a combination of nod and half bow to X'yrin as her name and position were revealed. The revelation of training being made mandatory was taken in stride and approved of.

As others began to step forward and offer their services Regner did the same, his voice even and confident from years of public speaking. "First I would like to say that I agree with the concept of mandatory training. Even in times of peace there are dangers about and knowing how to fight better is never a bad thing, if I hadn't been trained as such in my younger years I would be less scarred and more dead." Regner paused a moment, grinning and opening his arms wide, showing the multitude of scars littering his arms and chest, "I can teach the use of a battle axe for those who are interested and I can also do the same for usage of a shield," Regner patted the iron rimmed shield hanging from his back, "-something that I urge some of the physically stronger members to consider. And lastly, I'm old. I've been fighting for nearly twelve years, double what most if not all of you have been alive. I have plenty of tricks to pass on, weak spots and unexpected moves. They’re dirty fighting, but for anybody interested, they work." His piece said Regner once again retired to the wall, leaning back against it and watching.

<style>
.Regner { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Regner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; width:90%px; max-width: 640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:405px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Regner b {color:#770e0e; }
.Regner p { color:#b99320; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Regner p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Regner .wc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b99320;}
.Regner .ooc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread