How do you do it?
For me, getting myself to post is sitting down for five to ten minutes and just posting something that gets the job done. I've lost interest in long posts and I find that short, action-focused posts are more interesting and easier for me to write. I try to always write 200 and aim for 300 where it's possible. But if I don't have anything more to say and I'm at 250 words, then I just hit submit and be done with it. c: I've found that focusing on what really matters: responding to other characters' actions and questions, making sure my dialogue doesn't overlap (i.e., ensuring I only have one instance of dialogue rather than it scattered all over) and making sure my posts flow and keep the thread moving forward really keeps my interest.

Once I stopped trying to be poetic and revolutionary with my posts, I found it was a lot more fun. XD When I first started roleplaying, I always tried to write in a way that was elegant and nice. But then I found it was a lot of work and not fun!

I also find it fun to write in different tones for my characters when I remember. My writing for Hybrid always emphasized shorter sentences, simpler ideas, and circular logic 8D Wolves are bad so we eat them because they are bad etc. Haha.

Messages In This Thread