dreams and fears must collide.
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-01 { width: 300px; padding: 10px 20px; background: #5E4C4C; border: 5px solid #DD9E95; margin: auto; } #grace-01 p { font: 10px tahoma; color: #D1B99F; text-align: justify; text-indent: 13px; line-height: 13px; margin: 7px auto; } #grace-01 .stars { color: #8B6F59; font-size: 15px; text-align: center; margin: 15px auto; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-01 .wc { font-style: italic; text-indent: 0px; text-align: center; } #grace-01 .ooc { color: #E7D4C3; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-01 .speak, #grace-01 a { color: #E7D4C3; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

Word Count: 338

Haha, that works well enough. I think she'll probably go to sleep at this point, since she's really weird about flirtations, and she's exhausted. You can reply once more to this, and then perhaps I'll give a closing reply. BUT, we should have a follow-up thread, so that he can get sorted around. Who should start that one?

★ ★ ★

The difference between cannabis and other drugs, Grace had once thought, was that cannabis enhanced the spirits and personalities of almost anyone, while most other drugs, including that godawful alcohol that her brother liked to drink with his friends, lowered spirits and disintegrated normally pleasant personalities. Grace always felt better when she was smoking, although it didn't change her as readily as it changed others in her life. She was naturally pleasant and outgoing, and she liked to socialize. Her father - a shy, reserved male when sober - became much more apt to share his ideas and insights. Her mother - usually a worrying, uptight female - became more relaxed and open-minded. Her brother - an anxious, restrained young boy - became charismatic and personable. She'd never met anyone who wasn't enhanced by cannabis, and this male seemed to be no exception. And of course, why should he be?

Grace watched the boy's apprehensive, guarded behaviour dissipate in the smoke. He seemed to relax, and his compliments were flattering. She chuckled softly, looking down a little. She knew that he was flirting with her, but all she could think of was Briar. Whether or not she had made a promise not to hold back from others because of what they'd had, she couldn't do it. Not yet. She needed time to be herself, to find her bearings away from her best friend, her partner in crime... She sighed softly and smiled at Hadley, touching his check gently. "Honey, you're too sweet. Now, you must be exhausted. I know I am." Her voice didn't leave space for disagreement: she had said it so pleasantly, and so assuredly, that certainly, arguement was unnecessary. She put away her pipe and blew out her candles, then curled up in bed.

"Good night, Hadley," she said softly. "Sleep well. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Taj, don't rouse Hadley in the morning - the boy needs his rest." The crow gave a caw of agreement, and Grace closed her eyes to sleep.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread