Days of solitude
[html]
No, I suck!

A smile softened the mahogany woman’s skinny features, and Wayne did his best to carry himself with strength and comfort. His large frame—though certainly dwarfed by many other giants in the pack—was often seen as intimidating, but with comrades, he hoped they would come to see it as a pillar of safety rather than a threat. Dixie and the horses knew how gentle he was despite his rugged appearance, and he wondered if he would let in others into his heart in the same way.

She spoke brightly and casually at first, and he played along with the lightness for a moment, his deep voice nonchalant. Pretty good. Lotta work t’ do, but Dixie’s done extra today, so I can take a break.

They did not have to beat around the bush for long, however, as the female finally voiced her reasons for concern: Hadley. He frowned faintly, trying to remember when he’d last seen the man. He helps us with the horses sometimes, but I ain’t seen him today, he said with a helpless shrug. I’m sure it’ll be all right, though. Maybe he just wanted some fresh air, or t’ go hunt or somethin’. Even the hardworking cowboy needed a break every once in a while, and he knew that the former slave was jittery around most of the pack. It would do him good to be able to walk out on his own every once in a while to take a break from them.

<style type="text/css">
.waway b {font-weight:bold; color:#ada077; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #373019; }
.waway p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waway {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#82735c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iDlkY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a49c81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.waway p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waway p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread