[M] there goes gravity
Hadley didn't understand Selene's fascination with his scars. Part of him was terrified by it, remembering Amy's own fascination with the pain she created. The larger part of him knew that it was just the fact that she loved every inch of him, even that part that was so horribly damaged. He didn't see the beauty in it, just the pain that he felt when it entered, a permanent reminder of how weak he had once been. Selene didn't seem to be able to get enough of him, kissing his face again and again. Chuckling he hugged her close, wondering how sore she really was. He shook his head. I'm just fine. He wouldn't say superman good, but he was feeling well enough to get up and start moving.

Of course, Selene could easily persuade Hadley that it was worthwhile just staying in bed, soaking in the scenery, enjoying each other's company. They had done so much of that when they'd first met, just holding each other close and letting the world pass them by. Hadley didn't mind that, didn't care for much of the world beyond the small beautiful caramel piece of it held in his arms. Gently he stroked her hair. We did go pretty hard at it last night. It's perfectly fine. You haven't been sleeping well after all. He hadn't mentioned it before, but Hadley had noticed the sleeplessness in her movement, the slow drain on her body as it put demands on her she wasn't confidant about.

Selene's soft words amused him. You're the drug I'll never be able to get off. He would overdose if he could, taking a hit again and again and again. Gently Selene nestled into his body, and Hadley adjusted the blankets around them. I love you Selene.

Messages In This Thread