The lonely have wings too..
She was quite relieved to know that the other female was a 'friendly', Adonia wasn't a fighter, she was a lover but no one needed to know that. She was trained to know how to deal with confrontation, but to put that training to use was a totally different matter. The wolfdog hadn't ever had to defend herself yet, so perhaps she was a little more trusting that she should be...but that was for her to decide, not anyone else. She snickered at the words that the younger one said, "...Yeah as much as a cat.." Her eyes still gleamed with humor. "..Evera? That's quite a unique name...I like it..."

She began to show a little more calmness as she allowed herself to sit once more upon the cool earth beneath them. It had been so long since she had spoken to another canine, and she found it very enjoyable. "Well, I could ask you the same thing...I, myself, just wondered here...I used to be from Ichika, not too far from here, but I'm currently packless. I was going to return, but It had been so long that now I smell a new leader, and I really miss Phoenix Valley..that pack that Ichika used to be..It's never the same when a new leader takes over.." A hint of disappointment was laced within her words as she spoke of her former pack. "I was just taking a moment to reflect and make plans...I need to find a new pack...there are so many around here now...I smell a new one over to the west, I almost want to check it out...but I'm not sure if it's friendly.." She wasn't naive when it came to knowing that there are many packs that are not so friendly and who knew if that western pack was. Perhaps she did though...but before the other female could respond she added in something small, "...though I do know of a certain canine that I plan on returning a favor too...She had given me such a wonderful bath.."

The form that caught the corner of her eye was so startling, Adonia almost didn't believe what she saw. The figure looked so much like Ookami, but before she could brush it off, the scent hit her along with the voice, it was soft and he sounded just as unsure as she felt. Her ears perked with great intent as her heart felt like it was lodged in her throat making it hard to respond to his call. She stood up as silence fell over her. She was lost in complete shock, and before she realized it she had given Ookami her undivided attention. The wolfdog soon recovered her composure knowing it had to be rude of her to suddenly loose herself in front of a stranger, let alone a potential friend. Puttting her ears back she gave a soft puppy like expression of joy and timidness, now able to get her heart out of her throat, "..Ookami..." The words were heavy with love and as soft as the flap of butterfly wings. She felt embarrassed by her behavior in front of another, how she felt in this moment was so confusing. Adonia wanted to run up and be all over him, but she wanted to remain composed and calm..that calm was out the door the moment Ookami wondered onto the scene.

Coughing to clear her throat and perhaps make this less awkward she chose a middle route, "..sorry, Evera..this is Ookami..my...my mate?" She believed that to still be so, but time had gone by that how could they still be called that? I mean...they haven't even..well..you know...So were they truly mates? It seemed like they were dating more so than being an actually tied couple. " I was actually searching for him...that was why I was away from my pack so long...and apparently long enough for leaders to change.." Her eyes looked over lovingly and filled with joy as they looked into those handsome auburn eyes of his. She moved toward him and rubbed up against him, much like a cat would. Her head rubbing into his leg and drawing in his scent re-imprinting it into her mind. She hoped this wasn't too much public display of affection for the stranger, but she couldn't withstand the distance, she had to touch him. Had to take in his full scent. That rich male scent..

Messages In This Thread