plants and playdates
The canine that slunk out of the herbs wasn't the threat the pale protettore scholar had expected. He relaxed as the young one spoke. The name Terra rung bells for the male, and he nodded. Terra was the wolfess who had come to the borders needing an answer for a question she didn't know she needed answered. He had been the medic to answer her unasked question about being in heat.

His posture and voice softened as he spoke again. "Terra was right, of course. I'm just not used to seeing anyone else in the garden besides the pack." An indignant yowl reminded the male that he'd left Sheba, the pampered calico, with Myrddin, the inquisitive son. The next thing he knew, the cat was sitting between his paws, the pup tumbling through the slats of the fence, his stubby tail wagging happily. "Play, kitty!" Myrddin's words were gleeful little yelps, followed by an aggravated hiss, and the feline vanishing in the snowy herbs.

The roly-poly pup stopped just behind his dad, puppy blue eyes peering at the stranger. Tal glanced at his son, then back to the Courtier. "I'm Tal, and this is my son, Myrddin. What's your name?"

Messages In This Thread