not really sure of the coming attractions
[html]

Emma gives me so much energy! +3

The coyote youth was enthusiastic about the idea of patrolling, which destroyed any of the scarred Optio’s misgivings, though her smirk faded slightly as the other mentioned teaching a trespasser a lesson. “I hope not,” she said, lifting a shoulder in a shrug, though her tone was not so dark as to deter the thought. She might have been excited about such a thing when she was a brash teenager picking fights with the world, but border fights stressed her out—knowing she was one body between a dangerous stranger and her clan. She let her stern and thoughtful expression brighten into something wicked as she added innocently, “But maybe there’ll be a skinny little jackal to chase off, y’know, someone more up to your speed.”

Yet another weight was taken off her chest as the female nearly burst out of her skin expressing her happiness about the fire clan. Her following words drew sharp attention from Vesper, and pricked ears and sharp eyes did not miss the tone and body language behind her words.

“Yeah, Myrika is a really pretty woman, isn’t she?” Vesper said, one brow lifted as the rest of her body was forced into indifference. After all, why should she be jealous? She was totally above that. (She was totally full of bullshit.)

Forcing herself to coast forward, however, she let her smile relax—for she could smile around this exuberant girl. “It’s commendable you’re choosing to build a house for yourself, though. Do you not like the mansion or the caves?” She knew that those places were not for everyone, as the mansion was too human and the caves sometimes cold, but she’d always thought the alternatives would be an old burrow or the schoolhouse where the aforementioned Praetorian resided.

“There is a Scorpius rank,” Vesper went on thoughtfully, her tail wagging again as she watched the other plop down. “It’s for the hunters, the ones who keep track of the prey in the territory and everything. The positions are filled by Omni and Jacinto right now, but they might open up; who knows?” She smiled, not wanting to discourage the girl. “Finding a coyote in the Miscellus tier might be best. I could tell you all day about scouts and warriors, though.”

The unexpected boast made the slender coyote bark out a laugh, and she reached out with a paw to push the girl. “I’d love to see that.” She smirked. “I could help you with fighting, though; these scars aren’t here because they look good.” She chose to ignore the mother comment, knowing she would literally sooner die than bear canine-shaped parasites, though it was all in good fun. She wanted to laugh at being called pretty, though; maybe her numerous scars were a fashion statement after all.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparoww b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44529; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #767679; }
.vesparoww t {font-style:italic; color:#a44529; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #767679; }
.vesparoww p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparoww {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#afafb3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rqkEI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 370px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4b55; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread