stinging sweetness
500+[html]
So sorry for the wait Red :x and my Cyp posts are not usually so long, so please don’t feel the need to match length
Since I forgot to mention it in my post, I was just kinda thinking that Cyp would have investigated the bee hive once he’d finished cleaning up and got curious. I had intended for him to get that far already, but I got off on a ramble xD

Anu had already begun tending to the orchard tree in preparation for the coming spring. Pruning away the unwanted limbs before had started to bud with new growth. It was a skill Cypress had yet to acquire and had the task been given to him he wouldn't even known to begin in choosing which limbs to cull. Perhaps by next season he would be able to help with the actual pruning, but for now he helped his mother by gathering up the stray limbs that littered the ground. Most of what he gathered had been scattered by the elements and liked the smooth cut that was evident in those claimed by the pruning sheers since most of what the praetor had cut previously had already been gathered, it was simply the stragglers that Cypress had been after. He was still to lame to effectively hunt and with few other skills he had simply been looking for something to fill his day that could give him some sense of accomplishment.

He had been apprehensive about taking to his two legged form, even more so than usual for it had never been his favorite of forms. He feared that his shoulder would protest against the change, which it had, but hands were vital to the task he had given himself for the day. The muscle and skin had both ached and pulled during the shift in forms and had slowed the process considerably. There had been some mild pain and discomfort, but nothing that was unbearable for the tree prince and even though his shifts were seldom he was glad to have that hurdle behind him.

When he had first arrived at the orchard it hadn’t appeared that it would take long to gather up the few limbs that he could see littering the ground. It wasn’t until he had gotten started that he realized how many other limbs laid unseen in the winter wilted grass. Arm load after arm load was deposited into the brush pile he had started. The thin dry would make a nice little fire and with that intent in mind he had been sure to keep the pile a safe distance from the apple trees themselves.

On a return trip from dropping off an arm load of sticks and twigs a glimmer of light caught the unclothed wolf’s eye, drawing the focus of his water hued eyes towards what appeared at first as little more than shadow moving through the orchard. There was another sparkle as sun’s light caught one of the gems just right as she moved. A dark hued hand reached out and grabbed hold of low hanging limb as he watch for a moment, quite unaware that he was staring. As the she-wolf neared more and more details of the attire she wore became visible to the Dream. The uniqueness of her appearance held him transfixed. Most of the Dreamers were rather simplistic in there clothing, those that chose to wear garments.

She did not, however, wear the scent of the Dreamers. Yet there was something familiar about her smell. Well a couple things really. The scent of her pack was the same as another trespasser that Cypress had run off, but there was something more. Something far more familiar. He started to speak, but found the need to clear his throat before calling out to her. ”Hello.” He called out rather lamely. An unsure smile pulled at his lips as he tried to be friendly. Fingers brushed back his long, straight mane back from his face. He struggled a moment to think of anything more to say. For all the good it did him, for ”What are you doing here?” was all he managed to blurt out.

<style type="text/css">
.cypmarc1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac9b72; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.cypmarc1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.cypmarc1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px;background-color:#5d3a06; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZcaKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #191102; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#191102; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread