Young hearts are prone to wander
[html]
OOC Again so sorry for the wait, I‘ll get faster at this I promise. I just started working again a month or two back and it‘s not a set schedule so I work different hours every week, just trying to adjust.

Kira watched him intently as he seemed lost in thought for a few moments, noting every twitch of his silvery brows. When he finally spoke up she perked her ears in interest. “Tribe members?” She queried softly, her brows creasing in the slightest. “You do not live alone, then?” The question was more observation than anything else. The girl looked around them once. There was no one but the two of them at the present, she wondered where he had come from. “It’s been such a long time since I’ve been amongst more of our kind, can you tell me about your tribe?” She paused a moment and shook her head. “I’m sorry to ask you so many questions Ahiga, I just feel like I’ve been alone for so long.” In truth it hadn’t been all that long, but the girl was young yet, and this was her first venture out on her own without anyone from her family to accompany her. She had to set up her own camp, hunt for herself, and provide and care for her horse. This world was all so new to her as was it’s occupants, and by night it was just her and her horse. Thank the gods she’d yet to meet any of the land’s darker occupants. She’d be all too easy of a target with her friendly nature and maiden‘s innocence.

When he spoke the strange tongue she listened intently, giggling with delight. “What did that mean?” She asked with a wag of her tail. She found she was no longer hiding away from the boy before her, no longer did her gaze stray earthward, but for the few moments here and there when their eyes met. She felt quite comfortable with the lanky, silver haired youth, though strangely self-conscious. Her family often remarked on how pretty their little girl was, but she just wasn’t so sure. She was all dun and cream, not moon-touched like the boy before her, nor the deep russet of her elder brother. Her fur seemed so plain in comparison, so ordinary, but if there was one thing she did like about herself it was her hair. It was a lustrous golden blonde the reached far down below her shoulder blades. She groomed it daily, brushing away the tangles, sometimes braiding a strand here, tying in a red-tailed hawk feather there. It was voluminous, and framed her face nicely when the wind stilled. Her fingers strayed to her hair in her moment of thought and she found herself twirling a strand idly between nimble fingers.

The boy seemed a bit taken aback at first by her out of the blue request, but seemed to find his smile again soon enough. Her tail wagged in response, and she found herself following close behind as he seated himself on a rock for her convenience. She reached for the silvery strands with some hesitation, but once her fingers finally found it she tousled it gently. It occurred to her that she had nothing to tie it with and she quickly darted off towards her pack where she had left it. She was back soon enough, and with her comb as well. She worked the tines through the back of his hair a few times, careful not to snag. Her fingers were dexterous and set to work with skill and familiarity. She found a braid on either side of his head, undoing the ends in order to work them together towards the back of his head. Once she joined one to the other she continued the braid until its length was spent. She marveled at the way the strands caught the light, and tied it off at the end. When she was done she took a couple steps back to admire her handiwork. It was much neater this way, but she had a sneaking suspicion the boy liked his hair a bit disheveled, so she’d made the braid a bit loose. “There, all done.” She said admiringly.

Word Count: 000
table by raze, template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesInput b {color:#ff7172; text-shadow:#2f330a 1px 1px 2px;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread