Time Goes By

The scent of blood was what drew the curious princess towards its source. Seldom in the Court did anything bleed and when the scent did stain the air it was usually treated as bad by the grown ups. They would rush around all panicked and featherbrained until its reasoning could be worked out. Charlotte had seen this a couple of times but she had never been the cause of it yet, and she didn't particularly want to be either. She knew how much stubbing a toe or bumping your nose hurt so how much more would cutting your skin hurt as well. She was an inexperienced tracker at best but she didn't need to be great at it to find where the blood came from just follow the wind.

Then her mama's warm scent joined the blood and Lottie began to worry immediately. Was her mama hurt!? Should she go get daddy? Or Skoll or Hati? Thoroughly ruffled within the space of a few seconds Lottie rushed forwards towards the noises she could now here hoping that it wasn't her mama that was hurt, trying to calm herself she thought of other reasons for the blood. Maybe her mother had caught some food and that was the cause of it. She was out of breath when she finally tumbled out next to her mother's feet.

"Mama! I smelled blood so I come and see."[/color] It was with relief that she realised that it was Ayita that was hurt but it was another Court member. The woman looked in very much pain and her leg was bent in a way it should not. Her ears pulled back as she looked at Terra,

[b]"You okay miss? I am Charlotte."
She fell into place next to her mother's strides and made sure not to get under her feet.

Messages In This Thread