[m]do what you want, you're never going to take me
((Time is late evening, she's in optime, sitting on a log on the beach.))

Willow had promised Orin she would come back, though the assassin had no way of knowing how much time had elapsed since then. Still, she would make good on her promise, albeit in a meandering way. She left the sugar woods, site of the festival, and wandered towards the now defunct lands of Phoenix Valley. Once it had been her home, along with her mother and Tal, and yet they had left, drug behind their crazy dam who had turned around and sent her away short months later.

Willow toyed with a skein of her rustic mane as she pondered what had been going through Deuce's mind. "She didn't love us at all, Willow." "I know. It's sad, though, that's all. I never really had parents at all, if you think about it. Odadio was a mentor, not a father." A throaty laugh, the sultry voice speaking again. "Odadio was a good lover though." "Ugh." "Please. You enjoyed it." "Not really. You did. It was rape to me."

Both voices fell silent. After a moment, Willow spoke again, her voice hard and cold. "Sex is disgusting. Love makes a canine weak. I'm better off on my own, whatever you might think." Soul's taunting voice was only in her head now. 'You'll never be alone with me around. And we'll never go without sex. Deal with it.'

Willow released her skein of hair, the raven feather brushing her finger. She touched it briefly, thought of pulling it out and letting it fly away, thought of releasing her past to the wind. Soul pulled her fingers away, returning them to her lap. On the way down, she brushed her pierced nipples. Again, Willow wanted to remove them, but Soul kept her from doing so. The only thing Willow had triumphed about was the silver collar they'd worn at the festival. Willow had traded it off for some respectable clothing. Soul had traded those for more piercing supplies.

Messages In This Thread