Star Light Star Bright
[html]
:O adfsafjasklfa +3

The last few members trickled in—including Dixie-May, who wrapped her arms tightly around him. He could feel the pulse of her heart, and he lowered one hand to run his fingers through her pale hair affectionately. Anything more than that would have to wait, however, as Jazper was beginning to speak.

He talked about the girl and her grandfather, about the potential hidden within the youth and her dreams of becoming a warrior. He went on to describe the qualities that her mentor would need to teach her, and the Labrador mongrel found himself nodding in approval as each trait was stated. Skills in combat meant nothing if one didn’t have the patience and work ethic to persevere; the child would have to learn that if she were to match blades like the Sole said.

“Wayne McCoy.”

The cowboy blinked and looked up suddenly, for a moment not recognizing what the calling of his name meant. Surprise was chiseled in his rugged features until realization passed through his brown eyes. He could feel Dixie looking up at him as Jazper finished the spiel and grinned. He could feel more than just her eyes turned toward him; others gave him looks of curiosity and congratulations, and the gold and black cub was searching the crowd for him.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Wayne disentangled himself from the Samoyed mix and strode forward through the crowd until he reached Adelle. Steeling himself with a breath, he crouched to a knee almost in the manner of a knight, but when he met her eyes he couldn’t help but soften with a smile. He reached out with a hand to take her paw solemnly.

“It’s an honor,” the dusty-furred man said. “I’ll teach ya all I know, young’un; I’ll be the best mentor I can.”

The importance of what was happening here today washed over him, breaking over his head like a wave. He was not only deemed worthy to teach one of the children of the pack—but he was becoming the very first mentor in Casa’s history!

<style type="text/css">
.waywa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1d7b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #61501d; }
.waywa2 t {font-style:italic; color:#e1d7b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #61501d; }
.waywa2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c8ba99; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S5Qbw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 253px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867555; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread