Come so far, only to fall so far
[html]

WC:330

He ushered her inside the building, his own form drifting toward his stacked cord wood, that took up one side of the shop. Saluce somewhat selfishly kept it inside, so no one would come across the stash and think to start pilfering from it, but it also provided a means to keep it dry as well. The man used his good arm to gather up a couple of pieces and started off to the furnace. It was a simple hearth in the middle, bricks, stones and other materials made up the built structure. Without the ability to acquire mortar it had all been pieced together as exactly as he could.

“I can, I don’t make it often, takes a lot of materials to make, which a lot of them are becoming rarer and rarer. Without any good trade routes in this area, I doubt it will be possible for much longer to make even the simplest items. I tried to make some contacts at the faire but most of them where obviously to the items I required.” He explained as he piled the wood. Once enough had been piled up he fixed a nice little pile of twigs and kindling. Once done he simply pulled out a match and started working on getting the fire going.

It took a few tries, but soon enough a small flame took, that slowly started to grow into something that would provide warmth for the two. The man changed his mission once he was satisfied, walking to the back and fumbling around with a cabinet before pulling out rather successfully a bottle of whiskey. The faire had provided other things though and he had traded for a little bit of a stash while there.

“So what have you been up to lately?” he asked simply enough, trying to spark some conversation as he popped the cork on the bottle and took a swig of the stinging liquor, before offering the bottle to her.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread