good fortune
[html]

*worst ever*

Max brought little true news to her ears, but for now it was enough to know that her grandmother still lived. Sage wanted to visit her; she needed advice, and Kaena had been kind to her. She had treated her like family. The thought only made her heart weaker, and she frowned at the grass under her feet.

A cold, wet nudge to her hand brought her out of her brooding, and she turned to look back at the white hybrid. He was smiling at her, happy. The coyote gave a quivering smile in return. "I know," she said with a nod, nearly whispering. She still had friends that cared for her, and her sisters. I need to see them again. It had been too long since Clover had left Inferni for Sirius' mysterious pack. He liked her sister, she remembered, but was that enough to keep her safe? And China... it had been months since she'd seen her. Her sister had gone into hiding, but where could she be? Sage had no idea where to start, and the thought threatened to overwhelm her again.

But there was Max, forearms bent and tail high. Is he trying to play with me? Instinctively, she found her own posture lowering. On two legs, it was awkward, so she shed her skirt and shifted there, excusing herself for the process.

On four legs, Max was much larger than her, but she was used to that. The ground felt colder, too. Sage shook out her mud-colored fur and pranced over to him, bowing in turn and wagging her own creamy tail. She had missed this feeling; sometimes she took it for granted. But now, it seemed to be just what she'd needed.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread