down the burning ropes
[html]

488 → Pish posh, mon cher.

A deep-rooted paranoia of pain and suffering directed at her family stemmed from... Her. Her mind, her potential faults. Never had anyone told her what would become of the Eternity family should she fail to become great, to become useful, but her mind had filled the gap with terrible truths (as she knew them, anyway).

What are you good at? Came his inquiry, and clockwork machinery in her mind quickly began to move together in order to churn forth an answer. Unsure whether to truly boast her skills and sell her wares so to speak, or be demure and maintain a sense of modesty, her hesitance to respond in earnest was obvious. Another obvious problem were where her true skills lay. For someone already so tall, surely she should delight in the physical aspects of life, but didn't. She watched, listened, and stored information away for a later date. Surprising maybe, but sadly true. In an attempt to dash her mind against his for answers to her questions the child sent her orange-gold gaze toward his merciless green. There was nothing there to help her. Knitting her fingers together behind her back as she walked, she turned her eyes back to the walking path in front of them.

He was the Mad King, though she knew nothing of this. His insanity was only second, perhaps, to her own mother, with her coming up fast behind them. Youth couldn't protect her mind. Searching for a reasonable response, the tan girl's shoulders sank slightly when she found nothing of great consequence. Honesty, then, would have to be her savior. Not my hands, or my back... But, my mind. I am a slave to it, She noted in quiet, husky closer to her man's than a woman's. It should have been the reverse, as she saw it. Her mind should bend to her every whim, her every desire. It didn't listen, it went where she feared. As if to explain, she untangled her fingers and brought two of them to her forehead. Everything I see... She broke off, to look at him fully now. Her greatest fear was that she would be ostracized by this man in particular, her King. Everything I see, I remember. Whether or not Eris had her suspicions, she didn't know. Nothing escaped a mother's gaze, but not in the same way she experienced things. Her practice of the alphabet was impeded only with her imperfect manner of writing. With practice, it would come along splendidly.

That didn't mean her size wasn't something worth boasting about. Surely he could gather from a glance that she would be useful just by that alone? Something she'd considered was that, if her body could imprison her unruly mind, it might be stronger than she thought. Or maybe that was the entire reason it was given to her, to keep a hidden monster at bay. Artemisia nearly blanched at the thought.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... gons-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:139px; height:218px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread