[m, p] our blood, our grace
[html]

372 → I think so too! :'D I'm assuming here that the finished weir will look something like this; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Thus far she seemed to have taken to Salsola as a bird was expected to take the sky; originally a hollowed out shell, she was now full to the brim of the secretive pack's ideals, and would proceed to eat, breathe, and drink the propaganda. In her eyes, there was no alternative. If her siblings could succeed, then so could she. It was as simple as that. Her build gave her a specific advantage over them and she intended to to use as such. So long as her mother stood to watch, Artemisia would be the antipode of failure. Surely the dark-haired woman wouldn't leave her behind so long as she proved capable and willing to do what was necessary.

Eris spoke out to warn her of the rising tide, saying that they must abandon their efforts once it became dangerous, and the dark child flicked her tail in acknowledgement, but remained unconvinced that it wasn't a sort of jibe at her. If the adult slaves—dumb and useless as they tended to be—could do it, then she saw no reason why she couldn't do just as well, if not better. Knowing that her mother obviously cared for actual well-being made her smile though. Even if she somehow became a cripple, she held hope that her mother would love her anyway. Disregarding the warning about the tide for the moment, Arte' met the water with quick, strong steps. It was no enemy of hers, and she found little resistance as she plunged waist deep into the river. Dragging her feet along the bottom as she waded deeper, the girl made note of rocks capable of tripping someone and vocalized their location to Eris in her typical husky tones. As protective as her mother was of her, she was just as protective in return.

It would take someone with nimble fingers and knowledge of vines and other rope-like things to do the lattice-work across the posts that slaves had been sinking deep into the rocks bottom of the river, but she didn't need to worry about that right now. There was plenty to be done, including making room for more of the posts and how to get them in the right places.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... gons-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:139px; height:218px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread