Who can say where the road goes? Only time...
[html]

I totally don't understand why people get their ears pierced, men or women =P

It seemed that tragedy would always befall Soran. Every time he spoke with her, it seemed that the dark cloud that hung over her life had cast another bolt of lightning down onto her. She had just gone through the happiness of attaining a family only to have it taken away as quickly as it had come. Before that, she'd had a son who she'd loved dearly, punctuated by the fact that the only reason she had been so blessed was by enduring the cruelties and perversity of a wolf named Hollow, a wolf who she had implored him not to hunt down and kill. Even when he had first met her, he had learned that her childhood had been ruined by an act of his great great grandfather, HawkWind "VoidFane".

Ultimately, he chose to follow her lead, and stick to the good elements of what she spoke of. It was clear on his face that he felt a tug at his heartstrings at her words, but he need not bring it back up. He doubted that she had come all the way back here without putting herself back together once, she didn't need him reopening those old emotional wounds with his words.

"I had heard about Conri from Naniko. He got in a fight with Gabriel of Inferni recently, but she said he is alright. She apparently made some sort of agreement behind his back about keeping their pack out of any conflict with Inferni in exchange for protection from the clan." He kept his voice flat in this matter. He didn't have a lot of respect for those who abandoned others to their fate out of fear, but he wouldn't openly disdain Twilight Vale in front of Soran. It didn't sound like it had been Conri's choice anyway, and he was certain that Soran would be glad to hear that her son was keeping out of trouble.

"As for myself, yes, you could say I've settled myself on a new border. I carried Storm's leader out of the fire, and followed Pilot's scent to find a place to rest. Apparently, he and an old acquaintance of mine named Tayui decided to start a new pack, to begin rebuilding immediately. Phoenix, the old leader, vanished a few weeks after that looking for his children through the burned ruin. Since then, it's just been the few of us up on this mountain. We've had a few more people join up, though apparently most of Bleeding Souls went further south."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread