M-No Avoidance
[html]
sürüden ayrýlan koyunu kurt kapar

Word Count → 392 :: Too lazy to log in to his account to edit... But thanks for letting me know! I really need to stalk your threads more. Tongue

The blonde dog stood and greeted him, and Levent smiled easily. “Yeah, finally.” He had taken a while to start actually traveling, but it had always been his intention to explore these lands the woman had settled in. What he had come across so far in New Brunswick was promising, and he knew there would only be more to see with each day he walked. It was the blessing of a wandering trader and the blessing of a new land.

He took a seat as she indicated, shaking his head as she somewhat apologized for the quality of the food. “I don’t mind,” he replied with a grinning shrug and a quick glance at the roasting meat. “I appreciate fine food as much as the next man, but I don’t need to eat like a sultan every day.” In all likelihood, he would have to hunt for himself for the next few months unless trading was profitable or he found shelter with a pack or group. Luckily, he wasn’t so pampered in Europe that he’d lost the skills to hunt; on the contrary, his innate understanding of animals helped him eat them as much as befriend them.

Wilson curled up in his lap as he watched a young, aggressive-looking coyote come at Amy’s call. Levent petted him and watched the servant with cold interest before licking his chops at the sight of the cut meat. His heart warmed at the sight of the portion for Wilson, but he chose not to give the feline a “told you so” look; whatever the cat felt for Amy, it would not change despite Levent’s strange affection for her.

“Iyi,” the brown wolf replied, taking a delicate bite of the meat and savoring the seasoning. “Good,” he went on in translation, “and soon to be better, I think. This land is beautiful, and I’m strangely optimistic.” He smiled, inhaling the food smells, and then his nose caught the odd traces of changed scent that had bothered him earlier. The odors were subtle, and some—like the faint smell of pack—could be written off as remnants of business; however, it was still a change, and it still grabbed his dark curiosity.

His blue eyes narrowed in a knowing way, but his glance toward her was nearly casual. “What have you been up to?” he asked plainly.

Levent by Sie; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
.levshwolf-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.levshwolf .words {font-size:40px; font-family: 'Swanky and Moo Moo'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.levshwolf {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.levshwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.levshwolf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.levshwolf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.levshwolf p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.levshwolf b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em; color:#000000; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; font-weight:bold}
.levshwolf w {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread