M-No Avoidance
[html]
sürüden ayrýlan koyunu kurt kapar

Word Count → 517 :: I love my Greek myth class. x3

Liquid spilled into a small bowl, and Wilson tensed at the unexpected offering. Loyalty was forefront in the feline’s mind always, however, and he only gave the drink a sniff before settling back down in his friend’s lap. He was used to partaking in whatever food the wolf ate, but he’d never shared Levent’s vices, partially because of his lack of a bipedal form. In this case, it was more a blessing for the canine’s sake, and the cat could feign stupidity well.

Levent himself, meanwhile, barely even noticed the bowl. His washed-out blue eyes followed the movement of her arm, but he remembered the tale and would not let himself be distracted as he spoke. Sparing her one last grin, as well as giving the cat who already knew the story a wink, he began.

“I knew a Greek woman by the name of Agape—beautiful creature, kind, but witty enough to hold her own. I almost wed her.” Sadness did not exist in his voice; it had no right to exist there anymore. He only smiled and spoke deeply. “She shared many myths with me. Their god of wine was Dionysus, son of the god-king Zeus and mortal Semele. He was strange and wild, and wore loud colors. He eventually married the Princess of Crete Ariadne, but before he had a lover named Ampelos.

“Ampelos was perhaps finest specimen of a mortal boy the world had seen, and Dionysus loved him as a soul mate, shared the deepest of loves with him. Theirs was a pure and true bond as was rare to find then and even now. But it ended in tragedy, for Ampelos came upon a raging bull, which gored and trampled him to a bloody pulp on the ground.

“Dionysus searched for his missing lover, and when he at last came across what was left of him, hardly even a carcass on the earth, he wept. He screamed and beat the ground with his fists and sobbed and coughed, and his tears mingled with Ampelos’ blood on the ground—and from that union, that deep show of grief, sprouted a grape vine.”

He paused then, needing a drink, seeing only the bottle, but pretended he was fine and smiled again knowingly.

“From the grapes came wine. Anyone who drinks too much wakes with agony the next morning, a mere fragment of the pain that Dionysus felt when he saw the body of his lover. But that warmth you feel, the wine hitting your stomach, seeping through you—that perfect feeling—is what Dionysus felt for Ampelos in life. We can drink the wine and remember the god’s love and pain.”

And that was the conclusion of the myth, but his story was not over. With an almost wild smirk, Levent finished smoothly: “And drinking wine I could feel that love for Ampelos. Unfortunately, I saw Ampelos’ body and soul in Agape’s brother. So, as Wilson says, I shagged him.” He laughed. “And that is the story of Dionysus and Ampelos and Levent Kartal not getting married and never drinking wine ever again.”

Levent by Sie; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
.levshwolf-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.levshwolf .words {font-size:40px; font-family: 'Swanky and Moo Moo'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.levshwolf {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.levshwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:left; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.levshwolf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.levshwolf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.levshwolf p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.levshwolf b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em; color:#000000; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; font-weight:bold}
.levshwolf w {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread