blood bound
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 403

Scented steam filled the space, and her nostrils flared again as they picked up the interesting aroma of herbs. She wondered what it was for, but then her attention shifted immediately to Ezekiel as he looked at her with his amber gaze. Her ears remained half-mast as he began to speak, hoping that he approved of her excursion and the news she brought back. Never had she sought out approval in such a way before, but the gold-bronze coyote was worthy of such respect.

His warning, though light, was somewhat unexpected. She nodded, however, accepting what he said. Zalen mentioned that she was welcome at the borders, but she wouldn’t push her luck; she might not meet the alpha next time she passed by. Her eyes fell as he finished, and she agreed reluctantly.

“He mentioned that I was the first coyote that didn’t anger him,” Vesper confessed, but she grew slightly border. “I know from some of the Infernians that such a prejudice is hard to change.” She disapproved of ungrounded prejudice, a halfbreed despite identifying with the coyotes, but she did understand and approve of defending the borders and lining them with the skulls of trespassers. “I agree that they should be avoided, however. Even if the alpha is friendly toward a couple of us, it might not apply to his members.” The old dark woman she’d run into, the beta of New Dawn, had been initially aggressive and suspicious.

She suppressed a sigh, knowing that there would continue to be a large breach between the two groups, but that was for the best. She would prefer to never see a wolf again if it meant peace.

Her other piece of news sprung in her mind at the thought of peace, and she lifted her pale gaze to Ezekiel’s once again. “Ichika no Ho-en has had a change of leadership,” she said, knowing that this topic was touchy because of the former Optio’s betrayal. She forced her fur to lay flat, tried not to make the connection between her and Sage. “Again, I know the new leader from my time as a loner; we met again on my way to New Dawn. She’s more sensible than most of that pack. I don’t know what happened to their former leadership, though.” She didn’t even remember the names, other than that one had been a Lykoi fallen very far from the tree.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread