blood bound
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 426

The Aquila’s reaction to the news was strong; it elicited more emotion than the news of the wolf pack, or at least more obvious emotion. Ezekiel was enigmatic, but the ability to remain detached and guarded was a good quality in Vesper’s eyes. She watched him carefully as he grabbed a bowl and poured the concoction he’d been brewing, trying to read what he was thinking.

He spoke at last, and the cream-tawny female nodded uncertainly. She had met many flighty creatures in her own life, mostly women and mostly put out of her head, but it was still uncomfortable to know that a leader had abandoned the pack. Or perhaps they hadn’t simply off and disappeared, and there was a stronger reason behind their stepping down. She would have to ask X’yrin the next time they met, if her friend was comfortable with the topic. She didn’t know how much the woman would keep away from her, as Ves kept the news of Inferni shrouded.

The male unexpectedly offered the drink—tea, she supposed, after remembering her days with Enkiel and the quirky woman near the Pictou River—and her ears perked up when he mentioned its effect. “Yes, please.” She rose and shifted forward on the hide he’d provided, wondering if he’d set a bowl down on the floor for her. It would take too much energy and time to shift to simply hold a bowl with her hands.

She frowned thoughtfully when asked of the new Ichikan leader. “Her name is X’yrin Exultare,” Vesper began simply. “She comes from a culture of nomadic luperci, but she settled with Ichika for the comfort of a family. She’s a capable warrior, though like all Ichikans she isn’t violent.” She paused. “I’ve sparred with her before, for lessons.” A testimony to her skill, and some light to be shed on Ves’ improvement even when not practicing with Ezekiel and Max.

“I don’t believe she will cause trouble; she’s reasonably warm and friendly,” she added with a shrug. It was a trait that most in the mountain pack shared, often to the point of folly. “Ichika might grow more capable as a result of her leadership, if she chooses to share what she knows with them.” She hoped that the pack would grow a collective backbone, at least, remembering Kiara’s helplessness against the dog bitch that had attacked her. She did not want her friends killed, and Ichika might even be an ally in the future so long as the friendship between Shepard and student remained strong.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread