blood bound
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 274

Vesper contentedly inhaled the scent of the tea before lowering her muzzle to the bowl set at her paws. It would likely still burn her tongue at this temperature, and so she listened to Ezekiel’s verdict as she waited. He did not seem displeased that she had a relationship beyond small talk, and so she forced herself to relax. She was not a traitor like Sage, would not abandon the clan that had taken her in and directed her strength and energy into true purpose.

“I doubt there will be reason for quarrel,” she speculated. Despite being led by an Exultare warrior, she doubted that the core beliefs of the Ichikans would change; they would continue to seek peace in their mountainous home. She lapped at the tea, the odd flavors strong but welcome. “If anything, they could be potential allies.”

Realizing what she’d just said, she lowered her ears. It was unlike her to hold back her opinion if she felt like it needed to be stated, but she was only newly made a subleader of the clan. She was in a precarious position with her rank and her friendships with the wolves, and she fiercely did not want Ezekiel to see Sage in her. She frowned and went on somewhat gruffly.

“They might at least be able to hold their own against threats, and perhaps help us if we need the aid.” She dearly hoped that Inferni would never need such aid. “X’yrin may want to see Inferni doing well if only because it is my home.” She put subtle emphasis on the last pair of words then drank the tea again.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread