blood bound
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 371 :: And so begins Vesper's adventure at making friends!

His smile eased her nerves, and Vesper was glad that she had not stepped out of line. She did not fear punishment from Ezekiel, exactly; she was not some cowed dog whipped into submission. However, her wolf blood pushed her to defer to the few and far between that deserved such heightened respect, and once more she wanted to prove that she was not a traitor. She knew the string of betrayal, the empty space where a friend once sat—the empty space she reached for, only to grasp nothing. She doubted any of her clan mates held that strong of feelings for her, but she still did not want to become what she feared.

She nodded in understanding about the wary alliances; she had learned to rein in her tongue when with her friends and impart only the smallest pieces of information about Inferni as they applied. The mention of Salsola, however, had her heart beating twice in rapid succession, and it was all she could do to keep the emotions from surfacing to her scarred face. It was the one decision that she wholeheartedly disapproved of, but it was also one that she spoke nothing about. Ezekiel saw an advantage in allying with the dark pack; he would not care that they were made up of monsters unless they turned into an active threat. He hadn’t seen the old slave’s blood gush from her opened throat.

Therefore, the scarred coywolf was silent, until her thoughts managed to pass onto other things and her blue eyes brightened slightly. Leaping at the change in topic, she began to ask Ezekiel about prospective members for the scouting tier. The pair discussed the clan members until Vesper nearly fell asleep on the hide the man had laid out for her, at which point she awkwardly dismissed herself. The news she had brought him no longer weighed so heavily, but at the same time, she would be glad to take a break from her outside duties and spend her time within the clan lands for the next couple of weeks. As much as she could report about the other packs, she was lacking in knowledge about her comrades, and that would have to change.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread