Gonna get me a 10 point buck with 11" tines
[html]
Thought I'd finish it, seeing as this was dragging on a bit.

Niernan strode confidently through the thinning tree cover, he smiled softly to himself as he thought back over the days events; he had enjoyed the hunt and the heavy feeling of fresh meat in his belly. The nap after the meal was welcome too, he had settled down across the clearing from his new acquaintance, Oak, both sleeping off the large meal.

Upon waking from his nap he had found Oak still asleep and he had decided not to wait for the other to wake. He had shifted to Optime and had set about taking enough to feed him and his companions for a couple of days. He had cut the corpse precisely, slicing off flesh, fat and deep meat. He left a considerable amount for Oak to take with him.

As he broke through the tree cover he patted the bag that bumped against his side, laden with his posessions, and in a separate pocket the packets of meat that he had carefully wrapped in the deers hide. In his left hand he held the only trophy he had taken from the kill; one heavy, branching antler. He had carefully removed the antler from the deer, thinking that it may come in useful, especially after he had drawn and written about it in his journal.

He raied the antler as he came to his and Brans camp, hailing his brother and Ciaran, the cat ran to him and clambered up to his shoulder, nuzzling against his face. My hunt was successful, We've got meat for a couple of days. He grinned at his brother and wagged his dark, plumed tail.

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread