I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 330

Vesper could feel an electric danger in the air. She knew from observation these past few late winter days that something had gone horribly wrong, and her vigilance had helped her determine the answer. There was blood on the borders, there was an absence in the Triumvirate ranks, and there was something that told her this would not be the end. She had done her best to throw herself into work, as she always did when something major was troubling her, but she did not want Wraith and Nathaniel and the other scouts to see the thoughts darkening her scarred visage. She wanted solitude, as she had come to learn was the safest; she could take care of herself.

Even the raven that had taken to following her around recognized her agitated demeanor and left her alone. Truth be told, she almost hoped that Stark’s winged shadow would fall across the snow, that she would hear his grating voice as he admonished her, but she also knew that she didn’t have the spirit in her to retort. It was perhaps for the best that she made her journey south.

She had no destination in mind, but her paws eventually carried her through the forests toward the space where the festival had been held weeks ago. It was as if the traders had never been there, other than some rough spots on the ground from the tent and fence posts. She was glad, however; too many luperci concentrated in one place made her antsy.

Sighing, the coywolf trotted in the direction of the lake, hoping that a mouthful of cold water would ease her thoughts. As she approached the bank, however, her blue eyes barely distinguished a white shape among the white landscape. A scent reached her, and her body stiffened before bolting forward along the shoreline toward the woman. “Noir!” she almost shouted, but then she remembered the lie, and a clumsy “It’s you!” came from her narrow jaws instead.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread